Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Saga of the Unfinished Cane Chair

Ooohhhh, why can't I finish this chair?!?!  I haven't made any progress on completing it and I really need to finish this thing so that my niece can take it home. Yep, that's right ... I'm giving it away after all the time and effort I've put into it. The chair does look pretty but it didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted and there are mistakes that I made. I don't think anyone would easily spot them but they irritate me ... and so, it has to go.

Another reason it has to get to steppin is that, um, there are two similar cane chairs sitting under my carport in need of major attention (plus having them sit in front of the house looks really ugly). I don't know what drove me to adding another 'project' to my to-do list, but now that I think about it I guess I'm looking for a second chance to own the cane chair that I envisioned -- rustic and refined.

I've already started on one of the cane chairs but haven't narrowed down the fabric yet. I've run into a little snafu that I'll write about later.

(Sorry for the poor writing. I'm tired and am having trouble thinking straight).

~ Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment